Holiday makers want different benefits from their summer vacation, and it can sometimes become difficult to decide where to go for your next break!
Top Five Adventure Destinations To Visit This Summer
14 Jul, 2013 | 0 Comments
Category: Guide & FAQ
Whether you''re returning to the same destination for the tenth year in a row or visiting a new country all together, you''d probably like to be a little more adventurous once in a while. We all have different ideas of being ''adventurous''; while some may consider it to be trying an exotic food item in a remote location in the far-east, others maybe looking forward to snowboarding down a mountain in Switzerland. Here are our top five adventure destinations to go to on holiday this summer:
- Hiking The Grand Canyon (Arizona, United States)
Considered one of the seven natural wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon is known for its visually overwhelming size and its intricate and colorful landscape. Hike along sandstone trails once you’ve explored the Grand Canyon National Park and don’t forget to visit the Havasu Canyon which many refer to as a tropical paradise in the desert. Here, you can swim under waterfalls that are bordered by picturesque red and orange cliffs.
- Safari In Tanzania (North Africa)
- Tanzania is home to the Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain. Considered one of Tanzania''s main tourist hotspots, it is not the only attraction for tourists here. Tanzania offers culture, a variety of landscapes and most significantly- wildlife and safari. View the impressive sights of Kilimanjaro, the crater in The Ngorongoro Conservation, as well as the ultimate safari experience spotting the famous African ‘Big Five'': elephants, rhinoceros, cape buffalo, lions and leopards in their natural environment.
- Scuba Diving The Great Barrier Reef (Australia)
Visit the world’s largest structure of sea life, a 1,600 kilometre stretch along the northeast coast of Australia. Each expedition to the reef is different for everyone; the natural underwater world holds millions of different species including dolphins, sea turtles and hundreds of colourful fish, so make sure you have your underwater camera ready!
- Midnight White Water Rafting In Slovenia (Bled, Slovenia)
The beautiful area of Lake Bled and Bovec in Slovenia offer rafting on the turquoise Soca and Sava rivers with attractive scenery and country views and is regarded as one of Europe’s best kept secrets. While many adventurers can claim to have gone white-water rafting, few can boast of such an experience in the darkness of the night!!! Slovenia offers an exciting opportunity to experience rafting in pitch darkness with only the moonlight to guide your raft! If you’re lucky enough to go at the right time then the prospect of a full moon adds to an unforgettable experience.
- Reaching The Summit Of Mount Everest (Himalaya, Nepal)
Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world and has become one of the most recognised mountaineering achievements to complete. Any adventure seeker who wants a challenge should try to reach the Everest Base Camp. And if you are a real thrill seeker, then attempt to reach the summit and experience the breathtaking view from the highest mountain on earth!
Wherever you decide to travel this summer, ensure you have travel insurance. If you do opt for an adventurous holiday, ensure you are aware of what your travel insurance policy covers you against, particularly if you are planning to do some extreme sports. Get a travel insurance quote from RSA and choose the policy that suits you and your family best.