Car - Frequently asked questions
For a question on any of our products you can search our FAQ section below. If you're unable to find an answer to your question here, speak to one of our dedicated insurance advisors on 80001 (RSA) 772 or email us directly on email@example.com
Your comprehensive car insurance policy covers you against loss, damage and third-party liability. You are also protected against:
- Damage to your motor vehicle due to accidental collision, overturning, fire, external explosion, self-ignition, theft, or a malicious act unless specifically excluded.
- Accrued legal liability and agreed costs and expenses against third party bodily injury/ property damage arising out of use of motor vehicles unless specifically excluded.
Due to the large number of accidents on the roads, we always advise our customers to opt for the comprehensive car insurance policy. Request a quote for your car today.
This is the most basic cover and is compulsory as per the UAE law. Third-party liability covers you against:
- Death or bodily injury to any third party/person.
- Damages to third party property arising out of the use of your motor vehicle. More importantly, this policy does not cover any damage or loss to your own vehicle.
I have an old car. Can you provide comprehensive cover for all vehicles irrespective of vehicle age?
Comprehensive cover is available for vehicles up to the age of 5 years. Vehicles over 5 years need to be referred to our motor team who will review each case and will be as supportive as possible in helping you with your requirements.
A "No Claims Discount" (NCD) is the discount given on your premium based on the experience (i.e. number of years without claims) of the driver.
RSA offers a range of discounts and free insurance covers including:
- Natural perils
- Loss of personal effects up to a limit of BD 400
- Agency repair for new cars up to first
- Extended legal liability to family members
ExtendedThird party property damage up to BD 500,000
- Riot Strike and Civil Commotion excluding political risk and political uprising
- KSA / GCC Cover (Optional)
Contact us for further information.
The excess or deductible is the customer contribution made at the time of non-recoverable claim(s) due to an accident. Non-recoverable motor claims usually occur when an accident is caused by the insurance policyholder.
Our Standard excess is as per Bahrain law.
In the unfortunate event of a claim you will need to submit the following documents along with your claim form:
- Copy of driving license
- Copy of registration card
- Original police report
- Insurance Certificate
Claim requests can now be made online in just a few quick and simple steps.Alternatively, you can call our Claims team on 973 17568345 and speak to one of our dedicated claims advisors.
Agency repair cover is available only for vehicles for up to 3 years from the date of your first registration. Cover can be extended for up to 5 years subject to an additional premium and a no own-fault claim.
In case of a claim, will you be able to provide me with an alternative car to use while mine is in the garage?
This facility can be accommodated only if the "rental of alternative vehicle" cover
clauseis included in your policy for a maximum of 7 days. You can include this cover clauseby paying an additional premium of BD 2 50.
Insurance for high-value cars or sports cars can be arranged on a referral basis only. Call 80001 (RSA) 772 for more information today.
Policy cancellations can be made subject to the following:
- Deregistration of the vehicle
- Transfer of ownership of the vehicle
No plate certificate
Premium for the unexpired period is returned as long as no claims were made during the insurance period. The refund is calculated on pro rata basis.
Transfer of insurance from one driver to another is not permitted as the insurance premium and terms are affected by the experience of the driver.
This is a Bahrain Traffic law requirement.